2 Recipes For Creating Your Own Toothpaste
If you have concerns about the safety of some of the ingredients that are in your toothpaste, you may want to try your hand at making your own. Making your own toothpaste eliminates a lot of the chemicals that are normally found in commercial toothpastes. The following are two recipes you can use to create your own toothpaste.
Baking Soda And Salt Toothpaste
Fluoride is one ingredient in commercial toothpaste that has caused a lot of controversy because of the debate about its safety. If you would like to eliminate fluoride from your toothpaste then making a baking soda and salt toothpaste is a great choice.
Here are the ingredients that you will need:
- a teaspoon of baking soda
- half a teaspoon of salt that has been finely ground
- peppermint oil
- a cup of water
- small bowl
Follow these steps to combine the ingredients:
- Place the baking soda and the salt in the bowl.
- Use the dropper to add one drop of peppermint oil.
- Add a few drops of water to the mixture.
- Scoop the mixture out of the bowl and onto your toothbrush to use it.
Vegetable Glycerin Toothpaste
Animal glycerin is used in several commercial toothpastes to improve the texture. If you are concerned that too much animal glycerin is being used in your toothpaste or if you would love to use a plant-based toothpaste, then you might want to try making a vegetable glycerin toothpaste.
Here is a list of the things you will need to create the toothpaste.
- vegetable glycerin
- baking soda
- guar gum
- peppermint oil
- a small pot
Here is the method that you will use to put all the ingredients together
- Get a small pot and put two teaspoons of the vegetable glycerin in it.
- Add in four tablespoons of baking soda.
- Place a half-teaspoon of guar gum into the pot to thicken and bind the ingredients together.
- Add eight tablespoons of water to the mixture.
- Cook all the ingredients on a low fire.
- Stir the mixture consistently for a few minutes until it turns into a paste.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- Add five drops of peppermint to the mixture.
- Store it in a small jar and use it as you would any toothpaste.
Keeping your smile beautiful in a healthy way is easy once you start creating your own toothpaste. Home-made toothpaste will save you a lot of money and the ingredients to prepare them are readily available. For more tips to help care for your teeth, talk with a specialist like The Dental Office Fairview Mall.